MARTA Management has made a terrible budget proposal to the MARTA Executive Board. They have proposed that MARTA raise fares, and cut service. For example, Management would like to raise the monthly fare to $95.00 dollars! They claim that fare increases and service cuts are necessary. But here are the facts:
1. MARTA Management and most others agree; Fare Increases and Service Cuts won't solve MARTA's fundamental financial problem.
2. MARTA loses riders with each fare increase. The loss of riders reduces revenue for the transit system.
3. Service Reductions destroy jobs at a time when Georgia and Atlanta need job creation.
4. Fare Increases and Service cuts disproportionatly attack and hurt the poor, people of color, women, working families, immigrants, youth/students, and people with disabilites.
5. Our environment is in more jeopardy when cuts are made to public transit.
Clearly, Management's proposal is bad for Metro Atlanta. It doesn't solve the fundamental financial problem at MARTA, and does more harm than good.
Tell the MARTA Executive Board to stand up for human rights by voting no on MARTA Fare Increases And Service Cuts.