In accordance with Vision 2020 and in the pursuit of a learning environment that is supportive and affirmative of all its' students we demand the removal of Chick-Fil-A products from our campus environment.
Through its family-controlled non-profit arm, Chick-fil-A profits have funded such groups as Eagle Forum, Exodus International, Family Research Council and Focus on the Family. These groups proudly and aggressively work against the rights of LGBTQ people, advocating their criminalization, psychological abuse and death.
“The real issue at hand is not freedom of speech, but Chick-fil-A’s secretive funding of documented anti-gay hate groups. There is no justification for such a business operating on our nation’s campuses,” said Shane Windmeyer, executive director of Campus Pride.
“While Chick-fil-A’s leadership has every right to its views, beliefs and voice, students and administrators alike need to know that revenues going to Chick-fil-A drive funding for groups that are almost certainly in conflict with campus non-discrimination policies,” he said.
1. Chick-fil-A profits fund documented hate groups that aggressively work against LGBT people, advocating for their criminalization, psychological abuse or death.
2. Chick-fil-A profits support the radical-right-wing group Eagle Forum, which supports LGBT people being considered criminals.
3. Chick-fil-A profits support Exodus International, which claims to “cure homosexuality” through psychological coercion of LGBT people. It says LGBT people are “perverse.”
4. Chick-fil-A profits support Focus on the Family (FOF) and its off-shoot group, Family Research Council (FRC), which has been designated as a hate group by Southern Poverty Law Center. FOF aggressively defames LGBT people as a threat to children and FRC spent $25,000 to stop the US Congress from condemning Uganda’s “Kill the Gays” policy that would execute all gay people.
5. Chick-fil-A profits come from YOU. When you choose Chick-fil-A, you help fund hate groups.