By the time you finish browsing this site 15-20 innocent children will have suffered abuse, beatings or molestation. Today, five of those children will DIE. 5 innocent children will be tortured within the next minute. . . DO THE MATH!! Reality is that since 1980 Physical abuse is up 84%, Sexual 350%, Emotional 333% and Neglect 320%. We need to Prevent Child Abuse by Raising Awareness and Educating Children and Adults.
1. Prevent Child Abuse (Physical, Emotional(verbal, Sexual& Neglect), by having schools educating children on abuse in a child friendly manner.
2. Prevent Child Abuse (Physical, Emotional(verbal, Sexual & Neglect), educating child related professionals such as Teachers, Day care professionals, After school programs, etc. on child abuse signs, evaluations, and vigilance.
3. Prevent Child Abuse (Physical, Emotional(verbal, Sexual & Neglect), educating parents before check out at hospitals or birth facilities(after birth) about child abuse, right way to discipline, seek help and provide tools and resources to assist them as well as better parenting tips.
OUTCOME OF BRIANNA'S LAW :
1. By educating children on child abuse we are doing TWO VERY important things.
· Empowering children to feel safe and speak out to seek help.
· Showing them a better way. Children suffering abuse only know abuse. We need to let them know that it is NOT right and it shouldn’t happen. Show them the right way to be.
2. If child related professionals are trained on child abuse, they are more likely to identify. These individuals need to be vigilant and be able to see subtle signs not only physical.
3. By educating parents on child abuse we are doing TWO VERY important things.
· Empowering parents to speak out when there is abuse in the household.
· Providing better parenting skills, resources and tools to assist them in parenting.
Who is BRIANNA?
This child abuse story is about a 5-month-old little girl named Brianna Lopez. On July 19, 2002 Baby Brianna passed away. Her father and uncle would toss her in the air and not catch her. They sexually assaulted her. Her uncle raped her. They bit her. Her mother threw her, bit her and pinched her. She was bruised and beaten. Her grandmother and another uncle knew about the abuse but didn't do anything. Brianna also had several broken bones. She had bleeding from the brain, broken ribs, bucket handle fractures, all signs of shaken baby syndrome. They beat and raped her time and time again. Her mother "fell asleep" while they killed Brianna.
Brianna was beaten and bruised from head to toe and nobody could help her. That baby did nothing to deserve that. This should happen to no child.