PLEASE NOTE: This is only the online pledge. If you would like to have your photo taken and receive an ally week pin, please visit the NYU ALLY WEEK 2012 homepage for pictures, events, and information!
The Center for Multicultural Education and Programs and the NYU Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Student Center in collaboration with our campus units invite YOU to help create a better NYU!
By signing this pledge, I am making a commitment to:
1. Challenge assumptions, myths, and misperceptions.
2. Step out of my comfort zone and seek new knowledge about racism, classism, ageism, ableism, sexism, heterosexism, genderism, and other forms of oppression.
3. Examine my own power and privilege.
4. Work to advocate for one or more oppressed groups to which I may or may not belong.
5. Utilize the Ally Week Checklist to create tangible change at NYU.
6. Tell my friends about the pledge!