• Petitioned Federal Deadbeat Parents Program

This petition was delivered to:

Federal Deadbeat Parents Program

Make deadbeat parents repay their back child support.

    1. Daniel Crockett
    2. Petition by

      Daniel Crockett

      Fairview, OR

Upon the child's 18th birthday, this petition forces the non-custodial parent to pay unpaid child support to the custodial parent in one lump sum from the non-custodial parent's social security (retirement or otherwise) benefits. The non-custodial parent's assets may be liquidated by the government to compensate for any shortage of funds. Leniency may be shown regarding liquidation of assets in cases where the non-custodial parent is shown to be living below the poverty line, however such cases will garnish from payments made into social security until the lump sum has been paid in full.

Recent signatures


    1. Reached 25 signatures


    Reasons for signing

    • Billie Kanipe GASTON, SC
      • about 1 year ago

      Because I have children who are not getting supported and the system is not working.

    • patti maasjo HAWLEY, MN
      • almost 2 years ago

      Cause most of the negligent child care no payments are from the fathers, and it is very tough to raise kids today with one income and very hard on the custodial parent.

    • John Crockett-Person MAPLE VALLEY, WA
      • almost 2 years ago

      I love my Dad, and forgive him for not supporting us; but here is the reality: my brother, mother and I would have had a completely different life had the support been there. My mother (this was during the 80's) worked two plus jobs to support us, and couldn't afford any kind of daycare. (Mind you this could've been seen as neglect by CPS, and that was always a shadow.) Moreover, my mother frequently became involved with abusive men; and partly due to a lack of government support of single mothers at that time, was financially fearful of leaving them. Back then the support would've made a big difference, and I don't think my father realizes what part of what we went through is equally his responsibility.

    • Dona Redhawk CARLSBAD, NM
      • almost 2 years ago

      At $75.00 per month for each child (2 children) my ex-husband only paid about one year's worth of child support for 18 years... he had jobs (certified welder and union electrician) and made good money... but never really supported them.

    • Chandra Rose FAIRVIEW, OR
      • almost 2 years ago

      Deadbeat parents are the root cause of many societal problems, including criminal activity. Thus causing more damage to society as a whole than most crimes. It affects EVERYONE.


    Develop your own tools to win.

    Use the Change.org API to develop your own organizing tools. Find out how to get started.