Our environment and public safety are under attack. Republican lawmakers are siding with pollution and corporate greed over the American people - and they want to overturn scientific findings on global warming. We need your help.
Congress will soon vote on stopping the EPA from protecting our health and environment. Republicans aim to de-fund the Environmental Protection Agency and pass legislation that aims to:
* Declare that carbon dioxide emissions are not air pollutants, contrary to well-acknowledged scientific facts,
* Repeal the US Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA's) finding that greenhouse gases endanger human health and welfare,
* Prohibit the EPA from using any part of the Clean Air Act to limit emissions or address climate change, and
* Bar the EPA and all states from setting any standards to reduce motor vehicles emissions forward from 2017.
Let's not allow ourselves to be pulled farther down the wrong path. Persistent and unregulated pollution presents serious threats to our health, our economy, and our nation's future. Tell Congress you reject these attacks on clean air and stand up for a healthier future. Use your voice to say:
* I do not approve of giving "free passes" to America's biggest polluters.
* I reject your attempt to erase the EPA's ability to enforce clean air standards and to categorically deny climate scientists' findings.
* I will not accept placing the health of our children at risk in order to line corporate pockets.
Thank you for your help! Please sign below and share this petition with your friends via email or Facebook.
From Progressives for Protecting Americans from Big-Business/Right-Wing Agendas, on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/ikfd1o. Follow PPA founder's new Progressive column at http://bit.ly/h9hvxV.
Sources for further reading:
Link to the testimony of David G. Hawkins, Director of Climate Programs for the Natural Resources Defense Council: http://bit.ly/dUefKn.
Straight from one such bill's text: The bill aims to "prohibit the [EPA] from promulgating any regulation concerning, taking action relating to, or taking into consideration the emission of a greenhouse gas due to concerns regarding possible climate change, and for other purposes."