It is an appropriate day to make commitments for change. For me, there is no more appropriate commitment than stepping up the fight to end child sexual abuse. We can do this -- together! Please join us. YOU are invited! On April 19, 2009, we are holding the Run and Rally to Stop the Silence (www.stopcsa.org/Race) -- And we'd like you, your friends and family to come!! On April 19, 2009, Stop...
It is an appropriate day to make commitments for change. For me, there is no more appropriate commitment than stepping up the fight to end child sexual abuse. We can do this -- together! Please join us.
YOU are invited! On April 19, 2009, we are holding the Run and Rally to Stop the Silence (www.stopcsa.org/Race) -- And we'd like you, your friends and family to come!!
On April 19, 2009, Stop the Silence: Stop Child Sexual Abuse, Inc., in partnership with the Guardians of Children (GOC) and Bikers Against Child Abuse Gettysburg (BACA of Gettysburg), is holding the 6th Annual Event, The Run and Rally to Stop the Silence (www.stopcsa.org/Race), starting at 8:00 am in West Potomac Park, Washington, D.C.
About the Run/Walk...
Bring your friends, family and colleagues. There will be a 5K pledge fun run/walk (certified course) and a 1K kids' fun run.
Participants are also invited to run or walk INTO West Potomac Park from as close or as far as they want from outside the park. YOU can identify the distance for walking and running, according to your ability and pace. On-line registration and downloadable forms can be found at www.stopcsa.org/race. The event has been structured this way with you in mind. This venue will enable everyone (runners and walkers, kids and adults) to participate in a way that is comfortable for them, while Stop the Silence continues with it's mission: to raise awareness and funds for this critical issue. Please don't forget your pledge forms (this year, we're asking all participants to raise a minimum of $100).
Before, during and after the run/walk, there will be lots of family-friendly activity -- so, bring your friends, family, and colleagues (there's lots to enjoy in addition to the run/walk!):
- Great music and food
- Inspirational speakers from survivors and others
- A kids' fun run - and lots of games and prizes for them: clowns, balloons, face painting, contests, and more.
- A raffle with big ticket items (check the Web site in February) - if you've been with us before, you know we get GREAT prizes.
- Lots of VROOM VROOM!! Bikers from GOC, BACA of Gettysburg and others will ride throughout the DC area and finally meet at the Rally.
- Organizational booths with important information.
- Announcements of the winners of both a slogan design contest and a T-shirt contest (it's only $5.00 more to enter either one or you can enter both). The winners will have their slogan and design put on our Web site and other materials.
We are currently inviting Booth Requests, Design Entries and Interested Speakers...
- To enter the design contest(s), you can either sign up through the registration process and submit designs in JPG format to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the designs) and a check made out to Stop the Silence to Stop the Silence, P.O. Box 127, Glenn Dale, MD 20769. Entry deadline is March 20.
- To express interest in speaking, please submit transcript (max 15 minutes) to Pamela at email@example.com.
- For booth space (very affordable: $150 for non-profits, $250 for for-profits), please download booth form from Web site -- contact Pamela Pine, firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Thank you!! See you there!
CEO and Race Director
Stop the Silence
West Potomac Park, Washington, D.C.
West Potomac Park is located west of 17th Street and south of Constitution Avenue, NW (Intersection Ohio Dr. and West Basin Dr.)
Time: 8:00 AM until 12:00 PM
Registration: $20 per person; and $5 for kids 12 and under through March 15. After March 15: $25. As a registered participant, you will have access to all the day's activities, and registration enters you in a raffle for one of the great prizes. We are asking participants to help us raise funds and suggest a minimum goal of $100 - every dollar raised helps! Fundraising forms and related information are available from the Web site: www.stopcsa.org/Race.