Change.org hosts the world’s largest free petition platform, empowering people everywhere to create the change they want to see. To help fund this platform, Change.org enables organizations to advertise petitions to users who are likely to care about their work.
Ads on Change.org appear as sponsored petitions, similar to sponsored links on Google, sponsored videos on YouTube, and sponsored tweets on Twitter. We strive to serve users by personalizing sponsored petitions to their interests.
As an open platform with tens of millions of diverse users, Change.org hosts sponsored petitions representing a wide range of viewpoints. We do not endorse nor are we affiliated with any sponsored petition or associated organizations.
Similar to other online advertising platforms, we have a series of guidelines to ensure that the Change.org experience is clear and safe for our users and advertisers:
- Change.org does not accept ads from hate groups, or persons/entities directly associated with them.
- Ads on Change.org cannot promote hate, violence or discrimination. Specifically, ads cannot:
- promote bullying, harassment, or intimidation
- promote hate groups, or persons/entities directly associated with them
- use or promote hate speech
- explicitly advocate discrimination against a protected group, distinguished by race, ethnic origin, color, national origin, religion, disability, sex, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
- Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws and regulations in all relevant jurisdictions to them.
- Change.org reserves the right to refuse advertising based on technical limitations, resource constraints, or protection of the Company and our users.